To clear the Recent Documents list
1. Open regedit by clicking START > RUN > “regedit” > “OK”
2. Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0WordFile MRU
3. Delete some or all of the entries to clear out what you need cleared out.
4. Close regedit
That’s it, you’re done.
To disable Recent Documents history altogether:
1. Go to Start -> Run -> type regedit and enter
2. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer
3. Create a DWORD value with the key NoRecentDocsHistory and set the value to 1